Sunday, March 30, 2008

38 1/2 WEEK UPDATE

Well, we had our 38 week update last Wednesday and thought we were going to be setting our inducement appointment for this Wednesday April 2, but once the doctor checked me, she said that unless I showed more progression that she wouldn't induce me. : ( I almost started crying. She said that if my cervix will soften more, then she will induce, but that if she felt there was any greater chance of having to perform a c-section on me because she induced me when my body wasn't ready that she wouldn't do it. Of course I am very appreciative that the health of me and Grady are her top priority, but it was definitely not what I wanted to hear!! So, our next appointment is on Tuesday, April 1 and we will see where we are and whether or not she will induce me on Wednesday - I would hate for Grady to already be grounded and in trouble for not obeying his mother and not getting here before he is 10 pounds!!

I'm still rolling around like a bowling ball, but I'm not doing a whole lot of sleeping and it takes very little to make me feel like I need a 4 hour nap. I thought I might get through the pregnancy without my back ever hurting, but it's definitely started hurting now. I'm more and more useless around the house, but thankfully I have a husband who picks up right where I left off and makes sure everything gets done without ever complaining that he's working 14 hour days and then coming home and doing house stuff that I don't have the energy to do. He's quite a catch!

Andy's mother, Margarita, came into town on Thursday from Arkansas to help us finish preparing for Grady's arrival and try to hurry him up. Although she hasn't been very successful in getting him here any quicker, she has been very helpful in helping us do household tasks, and of course we've had some time for fun as well!

Monday will be my first day to be working from home, so let's hope that goes well - I'll be working part-time from home until Grady gets here, and then I'll take 4-6 weeks off and start working part-time from home again once I have a little time off. I'm a little nervous about it, but I think it is going to work well!

We will of course keep you updated about our appointment on Tuesday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're getting there! Hang in . . . it's almost over, and you'll look back and say, "Hey, that wasn't so bad!" We are thinking of you and keeping our fingers crossed for the news you get Tuesday.
PS --I go Tuesday for the sugar test -- yippee :(

Natalie said...

Been thinking about you today--I'll give you a call tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that this week will be "The Week"!! :)

Anonymous said...

Awww, Hang in there, Morg!! I'm sending good thoughts your way. :)

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs