Friday, February 29, 2008

DOGS UP FOR ADOPTION


Anybody looking for 2 adorable dogs? I have some you can adopt. : )

Today I had the pleasure of a frantic neighborhood tour. I was getting ready to go run errands this morning when I heard our maid yelling my name (by the way, she speaks about as much English as I speak Spanish). I come out of my room and see her ushering Scotch into the house via the front door. I had put the dogs in the back yard so she could clean the house so I didn't understand why Scotch was in the front yard. I went out back and noticed that our gate was wide open and that Brandy was nowhere in sight. At this point, I am almost in tears b/c I'm afraid she would run down to Hwy. 17 and get run over, or that somebody would find her and think that she was so pretty and sweet that they would want to keep her. After running around the neighborhood in my flipflops and then driving around in my car calling her name, I realized that the phone number on her dog tag was mine and that I had forgotten my phone at the house. Thankfully, I had a message from some nice man who had found her and put her in his back yard.
After retrieving Brandy I realized that both of my dogs were completely covered in dog poop and smelled horrible. Scotch is very easy to bathe because he jumps in and out of the tub on his own and stays very still and knows when he needs to put his front feet up so I can clean his tummy. Brandy, on the other hand, is horrible to bathe. She's too scared to jump in and out of the tub, so there I am, 34 weeks pregnant, lifting a 75 pound lab covered in poop in and out of my bathtub. So after cleaning my dogs I realized that I was going to have to clean myself again. All the energy that I had for the day had been used by 11:30 this morning. At least everyone is clean now. . . I think they're preparing me for my upcoming poop-filled days!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

EW! What a bad way to start your day!! Sorry, but no more dogs for me--give them to Auntie Jen. She's a dog-lover. :)
Glad they made it home safe and sound though...so you could threaten to beat them to death anyway. Haha!

Anonymous said...

You are right about getting ready for poop days!

I have heard people tell about their sweet baby boys doing poop in the bathtub and then before they could stop them their baby began trying to squash it!

Ooo...eeee!!!

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs