Thursday, February 28, 2008

CRAZY HORMONES

Look at me - 2 posts in 2 days - I'm already off to a good start with this whole blogging thing!! No pictures or anything fun like that, but I thought my crazy hormones might be entertaining to you. As many of you know, my temper has become as short as a pinky toe since I've been pregnant, with much of it being taken out on our poor neighbor - he seems to know all the wrong buttons to push. But it has officially gotten worse. I took a call at work today from a lady that made me so mad I almost had to take my clothes off because my whole body was so hot and sweating from fury - normally she would have irritated me, but I was so mad that I started throwing papers and staplers off my desk and my boss had to come in and try to calm me down - good thing he has a good sense of humor. The whole time this is going on, I knew that I was totally overreacting, but for some reason I just couldn't stop. I'm not sure that I've ever had a tantrum like that in my whole life, especially not over something as insignificant as a lady who was disputing money she owed.

On to my emotions. . . On Monday a friend from work brought in a piece of dutch apple pie that she made - she let me have a couple bites and it was the most delicious apple pie I have ever had in my life. She told me she had one more piece at home and that she would bring it on Tuesday and split it with me. I saw it in the refrigerator Tuesday morning and couldn't get it off my mind for the rest of the day, but of course I didn't want to bug her about it. I went to get a drink out of the refrigerator around 2:30 and noticed that it was no longer in there. I asked her why there was apple pie in the morning and no apple pie in the afternoon - she had shared it with one of the other people at work instead of me!! At this point, I literally had tears in my eyes and went into this other person's office and yelled at him for eating my portion of the apple pie - by the way he's fairly new to our firm and I really don't know him and I'm sure that he thinks I'm a lunatic. I then went downstairs to my office and actually cried because I didn't have any apple pie to eat - not sobbing crying, but definitely a few tears shed. So this wonderful friend who made the apple pie called me at 8:00 this morning and told me that she had made an entire apple pie for me and brought it to work today. That apple pie for breakfast made my day - at least until the phone call from the lady that made me throw a temper tantrum.

I think it's time for Andy to lock me in the house and stop letting me out because it's past the point of being funny, it's actually kind of scary.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That is so scary. I feel your pain about the pie, though, and I'm not even PG :)

Anonymous said...

You're so funny! It's a good thing we all love you so much we see past your hormones, huh? = )

Natalie said...

Scary--yet hilarious!! I am only allowed to laugh because I've been in that boat before...and it can be a dangerous boat!! Make sure Andy has his life jacket on at all times because he will definitely be sent swimming before baby Grady arrives!! :)

Unknown said...

How funny! I loved the post -- and you aren't alone. When I got to your point last time around, I would have these obnoxious LAUGHING fits about the stupidest things. I laugh so hard I couldn't catch my breath . . . while others just stared and me and thought I was a total psycho. Trust me -- it sounds cute - but uncontrollable laughter can be just as embarrasing and unexplainable as uncontrollable fury!!

Don't you enjoy the blogging? Its fun to write -- and I'm having fun reading your posts :)

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs