Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Workin' for a Living

I am officially a stay-at-home Mom. As most of you know, I had been planning to work from home part time doing the same thing I was doing before Grady arrived - I had every intention of doing this and had it all planned out in my head and every time my boss told me that I didn't know what I was getting into I would laugh and tell him that I had no doubt that I would be back to work. Well, that was all before Grady came. At first I was just so overwhelmed, stressed out, unrested and unfunctioning so I put off my going back to work date. I was also struggling with the idea of leaving Grady with someone that I didn't know and with someone who didn't love him. I thought that it would be easier once he was less "fragile". Then came the smiles and the cooing and the noises and my heart broke thinking about someone else getting all of his smiles.

After much discussion and thought and prayer, Andy and I decided that it would be best to go ahead and turn in my notice, which brought a whole other problem. It must be my Catholic upbringing, but the guilt set in and I was scared to death to call my boss and tell him that I wouldn't be coming back. But my boss is awesome and has always gone to bat for me and always been supportive of any idea I've ever had (like creating my position/job because I wanted to work part time and then convincing the other partners in the firm that it was a great idea to work from home) and once again he was totally supportive and didn't yell at me. He told me that if I had the opportunity to stay home with Grady that I should take it and that it would probably be the best year of my life. He also said he'd been expecting to hear that I wouldn't be coming back. . . Anyway, I'm a tiny bit sad that I won't be doing the job that I've actually really enjoyed for the last 1 1/2 years, but I'm super excited about spending my days with my sweet little boy.

Now on to the next project - I'm getting an embroidery machine and starting a monogramming and embroidery business! I'm so excited b/c this will allow me to be creative and hopefully make a little bit of money. Of course I've got some practicing to do on the machine, but I'm hoping that it won't be too long before I'm in business!

How could I leave this everyday!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW you will make use of that embroidery machine! "Grady's Mimi" are easy words to practice on! I'm sure you have other wonderful ideas you can use as well! Have fun!

Natalie said...

I'm so excited for you. I would not trade the past two years of being home with Alex for ANYTHING. I look forward to sending lots of stuff for monogramming too!! :)

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs