Sunday, October 7, 2007

PENCIL TEST


I am doomed. We had some friends over for lowcountry boil and football yesterday and the sex of the baby came up. We decided to do the tried and trew pencil test. If you are unfamiliar, that is where you put a needle in the eraser of a pencil and tie the needle to a string. You dangle the pencil over the mother-to-be's belly and watch the direction of movement of the pencil. If the pencil moves in a circular motion over the belly it is a boy, but if it moves in a back-and-forth (pendulum) motion then it is a girl. We tried the test two times and both times the pencil moved in a very definite pendulum motion. I am so doomed. I will not be able to tell a little blond haired, blue eyed girl "no" to anything. Brian Pulaski has already set Keith (his son) up on a date with my daughter. He called me father-in-law and I about threw up. So if anyone knows any other test that may prove the pencil test wrong, please let me know. I am all ears. The 4D ultrasound is not for another month, so I am on pins and needles.

2 comments:

Taylor and Allison said...

yep.... you're screwed.....

Anonymous said...

Morgan and Andy - first of all, I am so excited that you're pregnant!!! Honestly, your desire to have a little one is what made me realize that I was ready too... I'm so happy for you - it's so wonderful! Second, try the ring test - look it up on the internet - we did it for our baby and even when our first ultrasound said we were having a girl, the ring test kept saying "boy" and the next ultrasound showed us the peepee and we've got Jack! No kidding, it works! Either way, enjoy!
<3, Melissa Gallagher

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs